Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Vintage Vanity

A neighbor of mine, Miss L, asked me if I would re-finish this GORGEOUS vanity for her daughter.
Um, OF COURSE! This vanity was just stunning so I was honored that she asked me to work on this lovely little thing! The details are just lovely.


 
 
I sanded her down and did a coat of primer. Because of the age it was very likely that there would have been bleed through staining so by doing a coat primer first, it would help to keep that from happening. then I did 3 light coats of latex paint with my paint sprayer. Then its time for the fun part! DISTRESSING! I lightly distressed the edges and detail, which I think brings those details out more then if left untouched. 3 coats of poly and she is ready to go!
 
 
 
As I was working on it, I couldn't help but think of all the stories this little vanity was apart of.  I could totally picture it in a scene from Downton Abbey and thought about how much juicy gossip must have been shared while sitting at this vanity getting ready for a dinner party.
 
What do you think!? I absolutely love how it turned out! It now sits in a cute teenagers room adding more stories, I am sure, to its vault!

PRODUCT LIST :* Kilz Primer
* Glidden base paint - no color added
* Varathane Water Based Heavy Duty Polyurathane
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment