Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Welcome!


Hi everyone! And WELCOME to my first blog post! EEEEK! I cant believe I am adding another thing to my plate! But here we are! A lot of you have asked for info on the products I use, different techniques used on certain pieces, tips and detailed before and afters. I have found FB to be a hard place to do all of that and knew I needed a different avenue but hesitated because I feel so stretched as it is, I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT a writer!! plus it is hard to open myself up knowing there will be criticism and there are some mean people out there, and if I am being real here, that scares me. But the time has finally come that in order for us to grow it must me done ;) I know I say it a lot but I am truly grateful to YOU! you make if possible for me to work from home doing something I LOVE and it would not at all be possible if it wasn't for my amazing followers and clients.  So THANK YOU!

OK so to start things off, I decided to do my latest project since it is fresh in my mind ;)

So this little lady was off to the dump and I just had to rescue her! I mean, come on, how can you resist those darling sliding shutter doors!? My original plan was to do Sherwin Williams White Raisin, AKA the PERFECT yellow! But as the months went by she kept getting pushed to the side while my attention was on custom projects.  Well little lady your time has arrived! I had some  Rustoleum Metalic Gold spray paint left over from another project and thought I would spray this pretty little thang down.( SIDENOTE I LOVE this gold spray paint! it actually goes on pretty even and lasted longer then I expected! PLUS right!?) I gave her a quick sand and started in with the gold. Well me and spray paint have a love hate relationship and this time it was leaning more to the hate side. So I whipped up some of my DIY chalk paint and painted her white, but I did leave the inside gold, just for fun!  A little sanding here and a little distressing there and I was in love! Gold and turquois (the original color) showing through and I was smitten! It turned out better then I thought it would. Plus I had the perfect little blue knobs to finish her off. SHHHHHH don't tell my DS that I used his knobs he picked out for his nightstand! ;)  I topped it all off with 2 coats of wax.  Yes folks, I. Said. Wax! That story is for another post another day, BUT You have asked for wax so I am delivering.  sorry for the grainy pics but she is now sold so they will have to do.

Here she is before getting a pretty makeover


and here she is after!


 
PRODUCTS USED :

Sand paper

Rustoleum Metallic Gold spray paint

My own DIY chalk paint

Glidden white base paint (ie no color was added)

Minwax finishing wax


No comments:

Post a Comment